Most of us are unaware of the effects that the visual world has on our senses and feelings; blue is considered beneficial to the mind and body, it slows the metabolism and produces a calming effect. Red is a very emotionally intense colour, it enhances human metabolism, increases respiration rate, and raises blood pressure.
These emotions can be altered significantly depending on saturation, or depth of colour, but the basic principles are worth considering when deciding on your colour scheme.
- Red is associated with energy, power and passion.
- Pink is fun, lively and feminine.
- Orange stimulates creativity, encouragement and is invigorating.
- Yellow is the colour of sunshine and is associated with joy, happiness and intellect.
- Blue represents the sky and water. It is associated with wisdom, confidence and calmness.
- Green suggests nature, harmony, freshness and fertility.
- Purple is associated with royalty. It symbolizes power, nobility, luxury, and ambition.
- White means light, purity and cleanliness.
- Black denotes strength and authority; it is considered to be a very formal, elegant, and prestigious colour.
Pictures via 11eleven-life.blogspot.com, arsitekturmedia.com, uptowncountryhome.blogspot.com, MilesRedd.com, rawsilkandsaffron.wordpress.com, eledecor.com, modecodesign.com, homeinfurniture.com and freshhome-design.blogspot.com